The Mayor of our local council has approved a project to build a road through a local park. My mother wrote to our local member to say the rights of children had been denied. As a tax payer she felt she had to have her say as did many other people who also sent their objections through the mail. The road has been allowed to go ahead anyway. The council won.
- Optimisim- optimisim means to be happy and always loking at the bright side.
- Collaboration- collaboration means to work together in groups or as a team.
- Fairness- fairness means to give everyone a go and to share.
- Mayor- a mayor is the haed of a city government.
- Government- government is a group of people that make decisions to benefit others.
List of HOMOPHONES:
- Roll and Role- The first Roll means to move or to turn over, the second Role means to have a part or to be in a film.
- Vice and Vice- One meanning for vice is an apliacefor holding an objective while work is done on it, another meanning for vice is a person wh serves as deputy to another.
- Won and One- The first Won means to win a race e.g The boy won the race, the other the other one means that you only have one thing not two e.g The by had one lolly (1).
- Council and Counsel- The first Council means an assembly of people meeting for discution and consultation, the other counsel means advice or guidiance on cunduct, behaviour.
- Lie and Lie- on lie mean to not tell the truth the other lie means to sit straite down on the ground (lie)
- Tear and Tear- One tear means to rip something apart the other tear means cry.